|Posted by wiisixtyfour on February 28, 2011 at 4:50 AM|
So it's been a while since I've posted anything new. There hasn't been that much going on in terms of Wii homebrew but I have been following the Sony vs. Hackers case over the past month or so. I'm inclined to agree with Geohot that what Sony did (and is doing) is illegal.
Anyways, I'm sure you're wondering about the title of this post. I read over on GBAtemp about some guy (Rafael Padilla) who made a "bannerbomb" that works on 4.3 and he set up a website and everything. He posted a crappy video that demonstrates it (but it is obviously faked) and on the website put a bunch of BS about the exploit saying something about a 1.23G ISO and his team breaking Nintendo's security (a la fail0verflow on the PS3) and also generated a fake letter from Nintendo asking him to stop (a la Geohot). This guy has everything < /sarcasm>
Yesterday on his site he stated that his next project was a 3DS emulator (with a picture of some game, obviously photoshopped). So I got to thinking and I decided to play with that idea. Here's what I came up with:
Pretty convincing, eh?
I made it by taking some gameplay footage off of YouTube and I photoshopped an image of NO$GBA to have the correct screen sizes and made the screen part transparent. Using Sony Vegas (LOL) I put the image on top of the gameplay video and resized it so that it matched the screens. But wait, what about the mouse? I thought of just using a still image of the mouse cursor but I didn't want to figure out how to move it fluidly and believably. (I know in the video you can kinda tell the mouse doesn't match the emulator, but I think it's kinda funny.) So what I did was basically make a green screen. I opened a blank image and made it green, then recorded the mouse cursor moving about while playing the video offscreen. That's why it doesn't really match up, because I was not mousing over the actual video I was estimating the mouse movement. I ended up doing a horrible job but left it as is. Then what I did was overlay the mouse video in Vegas and remove the green (Sony's Chroma Keyer). Then I just moved the overlayed mouse so that it was over the "emulator" and I kind of spliced it so I could move some parts independantly of others. (You can kind of see when the mouse cursor "jumps" to another part of the screen.) I think I did a decent job though, so lets see how many people believe it.
Update: Here's another one. This ones pretty self-explanatory.