Wilbrand is an exploit capable of launching homebrew from the System Menu versions 3.0 and up. It was created by giantpune to replace Bannerbomb, which does not work on System Menu 4.3.
The exploit works by using a malformed Wii message to crash the Wii Message Board and run code to load the boot.elf placed in the root of the SD card. It can be used to install the Homebrew Channel and BootMii via the HackMii Installer.
What you need:
- SD card (or SDHC card) formatted as FAT(16) or FAT32. Most, if not all, SD cards are already in this format so you can skip this step unless your card is not detected by your Wii.
- SD card reader for PC or a PC with one built-in. (Cameras or other devices can work)
- Your Wii's MAC Address (See #1 on the Guide below)
- Wilbrand GUI program
- Some homebrew to load (In this case, the HackMii Installer)
- You must have at least one message on your Wii before trying to run the exploit. If you don't then simply create a memo on the Wii Message Board.
- Find your Wii's WiFi MAC Address. Go to Wii Options --> Wii Settings --> (Go to page 2) --> Internet --> Console Information. This is needed because the Wii will only accept messages addressed to its specific MAC address.
- Run Wilbrand GUI.exe, enter the MAC address, and select the correct version and region of your Wii. The date should automatically be set to "yesterday".
- Click the "Create Exploit" button
- If your SD card has a "private" folder, rename it temporarily, e.g. to "privateold".
- Copy the "private" folder that has been created in the Wilbrand folder onto the root of your SD card. (Root means not in any folders, just on the SD card.)
- Take the HackMii Installer "boot.elf" and copy it to the root directory of your SD card.
- Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
- Go to the Wii Message Board and wait a little bit for the messages to load. Wilbrand should be on "yesterday".
- Click the letter and the homebrew on your SD card will load. Enjoy!
Finding the MAC Address
For those who would like to know how to use "wilbrand.exe" in a command line click here.
Wilbrand is by giantpune and the GUI program is by asper.