Eri HaKawai Guide
Eri HaKawai is a safe way to enable homebrew on a Wii without hardware modification. Eri HaKawai is achieved by playing a hacked game save for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World which executes a homebrew application from an external SD card. Eri HaKawai was created by delroth and ported to NTSC by giantpune.
Eri HaKawai by giantpune (North American Version)
Eri HaKawai by giantpune (Japanese Version)
Eri HaKawai by delroth (European/Australian Version)
What you will need:
- SD card (No larger than 2GB, not SDHC) formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
- SD card reader for PC or a PC with one built-in. (Cameras or other devices can work)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World that has been played on your Wii at least once.
- Some homebrew to load (In this case, the HackMii Installer)
- (optional) If you would like to keep your Tales of Symphonia savefile, copy it to your SD card and save it onto your computer to put back on the Wii later.
- Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
- Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii
- Find your ToS save, click on it, click "Copy", and click Yes
- Put your SD card in your computer, and copy the "private" folder from the card to a safe place.
- Copy the "private" folder from the Eri HaKawai download to the root of your SD card. (Root means not in any folders; Just on the SD card.)
- Take your "boot.elf" from the HackMii Installer download and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- On your Wii go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii.
- Find your own ToS save, click on it, click "Erase", and click Yes. (Which is why you copy it before)
- Open the SD card and select the "Eri HaKawai" save.
- Click "Copy" and then Yes. Now exit out of the menu.
- Insert your Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World game disc and run the game.
- Load the savefile and press (+) [plus] to enter the game's menu.
- Scroll down to "Status" and press A.
- (USA/JAP Version)Then scroll down to the second character (named "Giantpune"). Highlite him, and press A.
- (PAL Version)Then scroll down to the modified character (named "Eri HaKawai"). Highlite him, and press A.
Load the modified character. "Giantpune" is for the US version and "Eri HaKawai" is for the PAL version.